14 July 2007

Like Asking Questions In A Letter

I can't live if living is without you.

So I watched The Rules of Attraction last night on demand at about 2:00 in the morning. Five years on, here are the five choicest quotes from this vastly underrated and underappreciated piece of cinema (a claim which is sure to raise hackles in certain quarters, especially with the party-who-shall-remain-nameless whom I first conned into watching it with me after renting it from the ol' Video Library).

Rupert: Unless he's got a crack pipe stuck to his lips, I gotta assume he's 21 jump street.

Sean Bateman: What about the cash, Marc? What about the fucking cash?
Marc: What class? Who teaches that, man?

Rupert: You want some coke?
Sean Bateman: Um. Sure.
Rupert: Then buy your own, bitch!

Paul Denton: Do you have any E?
Harry: That shit makes your spinal fluid run backwards.

Lauren: Abstinence is 100% safe, which is less of a percentage than...
Lara: Whatever, I don't care, I don't major in math.