12 January 2008

Gift Card, You Are The Best

American gangster

Had gift cards left over from the the Big Baby Jesus' b-day, so I went to Best Buy and FYE (conveniently situated across Route 22 from one another; ah, suburban living) and decided to spend 'em up on a few loose ends that had been pitter-pattering around the ol' noodle:

  • The Doors - The Doors
  • Led Zeppelin - Presence (used, natch)
  • Black Sabbath - Greatest Hits 1970-1978 (the Ozzy years)
  • Black Sabbath - The Dio Years (uh, the Dio years)
  • Depeche Mode - Violator (I already have this, technically, but I lost my original copy and hence only had the AAC files. It was $9.99; give me a break.)
Plus the DVDs for Miller's Crossing (both an outstanding movie and occasion for the still above) and Drugstore Cowboy (which is also great, but were it not for FYE's buy one DVD under $16.99, get the other half off deal - sale items excluded - I probably would have passed).

And a full day of football programming with a six pack of Sierra Nevada to wash it all down; I ought to write a book.