13 September 2007

Stuck in a Tube


One ringtone to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

So I am in the midst of a hot four-film Thursday here. Thus far I have completed Jodie Foster-Peter Sarsgaard Red Eye-meets-Panic Room airplane thrilla Flightplan, Ryan Gosling as a crack addict high school history teacher in Half Nelson, Kirk Douglas as a cynical newspaper man manipulating the story of his career in Billy Wilder's Ace in the Hole, and I am currently re-watching one of my recent favorites, Jean-Pierre Melville's semi-autobiographical Resistance film Army of Shadows.

My all haiku reviews:

Flightplan (2005)
"Where is my daughter?"
Jodie Foster may be nuts
But probably not

Half Nelson (2006)
Teacher is on crack
He passed out in the bathroom
Just like my high school

Ace in the Hole (1951)
Mentions Floyd Collins
There's a guy stuck in a cave
Kirk Douglass's chin

Army of Shadows (1969)
Nazis everywhere
Will Kanye outsell Fiddy?
Nazis, everywhere